Friday, April 4, 2008

Getting Started

So, I turn forty next year.  

Some of you may know I once had a plan to "walkabout" the planet for a couple years.  That plan was hatched with a departure date in April 2008.  Yes, indeed, that is this month folks.  I had it all figured out, the budget worked, and the plan was in motion.

Well, in the meantime, we sold our "paid for" house, I quit my "six figure" job, started a new housing business with no pay during the worst market and winter in our lifetime, built a house with "a big ass mortgage", and, oh, had a kid named Freddy for good measure.  Yep. None of this was part of the original Walkabout plan.  Shit changes.

So, instead of a two- year walkabout the planet, I am now contemplating something a bit more refined--a trip for maybe a couple weeks sometime next year.  This is where you all come in.  Condense a dream of two years of planet surfing into one trip for my 40th birthday.  Impossible?  Sure.  So let's play.

No comments: